In our third episode I’m really excited to interview Mark Crosweller AFSM, on what is a vital subject for leaders today: How ethical leadership improves our organisations and their capacity to deal with risk, reduce harm and create a better world.
Mark has 36 years of experience in crisis, national security, and emergency management, leading major strategic reform in governance, strategy, policy, operations, and capability.
Between 2012-2019 Mark was responsible for briefing the Prime Minister and Cabinet on disaster management and providing strategic policy advice on climate and disaster risk reduction and resilience. Mark is now the Founder and Director of Ethical Intelligence, a Senior Advisor to a Global Consulting Organisation advising on climate and disaster risk and leadership ethics and working with Unearth on Ethical Leadership. Mark is currently finalising his PhD research on the ethical premise of leading people through the adversity and loss of disasters.
Some of the topics we get into in our discussion:
- The power of virtue and the power of virtue in leadership
- Mark’s experience with leaders in defining the virtues that are most important to them
- How learning to apply their key virtues, enables leaders to create their “moral compass”
- The power of ethical leadership through adversity
- Trusting your own intuition in an environment where rational thought and logic are traditionally valued
- How being clear on our virtues and ethics can improve all of our lives personally, professionally, relationally
It is a fascinating topic and never more important than today, given the issues the world is facing.
Connect with Mark
Connect with Ethical Intelligence