As an internationally recognised authority on cyber policy, Peter was invited twice to the White House to brief the Obama Administration cybersecurity leadership. He is an Internet industry leader, an activist, and policy innovator. Through CyAN he champions innovation in critical cyber skills, capacity building and behavioural change while supporting the business, professional and personal development of the organisation’s members.
Peter has a remarkable back story which he shares with us in this episode. That alone is fascinating, but the insights he has developed as a result of his life’s journey are incredibly valuable.
There is so much gold in this episode, but some of the big topics that come up in this interview include:
- The perpetual problem of human behavioural risk in society
- Why we should approach influence with caution
- The capacity for technology to change the world and impact our relationships
- The importance of remembering the human problem that is being solved throughout the multiple waves of innovation
- Understanding the unintended consequences of technologies
- Using humanity to inform policy