In our first guest interview of the Unearth A New Perspective On Risk Podcast, I interviewed Bryan Ware, CEO of Next5, a new company that was formed to identify the critical emerging technologies of the next five years; and to ensure that companies and governments are anticipating and planning for risks.
Here on Episode 9 of the podcast, we once again chat about risk through the lens of changing global dynamics.
If you didn’t catch the first episode together, before founding Next5, Bryan was the first US Presidential-appointed Director of Cybersecurity at CISA, which is the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency. This role saw Bryan lead a 1000-person team and a $1.25 billion organisation through a period of intense volatility and aggressive interference from nation state adversaries.
Before that, Bryan was the Assistant Secretary at the US DHS (Department of Homeland Security), serving as the security advisor on cybersecurity and emerging technology matters and was leading strategic initiatives across the US government and allies to counter Chinese espionage and unfair business practices.
In this episode, Bryan shares with us his insights on anticipating new ways of working, including discussions around:
- The Next5 Technology Matrix – the 12 technologies that will be most important within the next 5 years
- The growing competitive dynamic between the USA and China
- Understanding how global exposure will change in the future
- Reflecting on what worked well for us at the beginning of the pandemic and how we can use that as an asset
- Anticipating new ways of working and acknowledging that we can do better in reimagining our future
What is also exciting about this episode is it will give you some insight into the type of work Next5 and Unearth will be doing for local customers.
Connect with Bryan
Connect with Next5