My guest on Episode 17 of the Unearth A New Perspective On Risk Podcast is a second-time guest; Peter Coroneos, International Vice President of the global Cybersecurity Advisors Network (CyAN).
Continuing our conversation about using humanity to inform technology, our conversation moves towards the converging and related risk to organisations of mental health and cyber security, including the implications of fatigue and stress on organisational risk.
Peter is an internationally recognised authority on cyber policy, he was invited twice to the White House to brief Obama Administration cybersecurity leadership. Peter is an Internet industry leader, an activist, and policy innovator. Through CyAN he champions innovation in critical cyber skills, capacity building and behavioural change while supporting the business, professional and personal development of the organisation’s members.
His perspective on this subject reveals some vitally important themes that leaders need to be aware of, including:
- Why we should be paying attention to human behaviour rather than security textbooks
- How human fatigue acts as a risk factor and the impact of stress and fatigue on our decision making
- How heuristic thinking impacts on our choice
- The convergence between mental health and cyber security
- How C-suite executives need to start seeing mental health as more than a health issue
- Executing your risk management strategy through your people