At Unearth Technologies Pty Ltd (ACN 161 947 860) (Unearth, we, our, us), we value and respect your privacy and take the protection of your personal information seriously.
What personal information do we collect and handle?
Personal information is any information or opinion (whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not) about you as an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
The types of personal information we collect and handle may include, but are not limited to:
- contact information, such as your name, telephone number and email address;
- your organisation and title;
- information that you provide to us through online forms;
- if you apply to be an employee or a contractor, we might collect information about your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information through various avenues, including:
- information you provide to us directly, for example:
- when you communicate or interact with us by telephone, email, online (including through our website and our social media channels), or in person;
- when you complete a form or a survey; or
- when you provide us with a case study;
- information from third parties, including our suppliers and other third parties who provide services to us.
You must only provide us with the personal information of someone else if you have that person’s consent to do so.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information primarily, so that we can provide you with our products and services, and any related information. However, we may also collect your personal information for related reasons, including:
- providing our services to you, this includes providing you with support services;
- developing our services;
- to respond to your comments or questions;
- verifying your identity and information;
- administrative purposes including research, planning, service development, record-keeping and internal reporting;
- collecting aggregated data and conducting surveys;
- with your prior consent, publishing case references about you in relation to our services;
- for marketing purposes; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also use your personal information in a de-identified or anonymised form for research purposes from time to time. We will not disclose your identity to unauthorised persons and we will never sell your personal information or sensitive information under any circumstances.
Who might we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to various third parties for any of the purposes identified above. The types of third parties with whom we exchange personal information include:
- our service providers, including providers of campaign, promotion, accounting, auditing, legal, banking, payment, delivery, data processing, data analysis, document management, information broking, research, investigation, recruitment, insurance, superannuation, payroll, training and technology services;
- for people who work with us, or apply to work with us, referees and screening check providers (e.g. for background, identity, eligibility to work, vocational suitability, health and criminal record checks);
- various third party suppliers and partners, which provide services and support for our programs and operations;
- your organisation and representatives; and
- to law enforcement agencies and other organisations where required or permitted by law.
We store data, including personal information, in a cloud environment, with servers in various locations including Australia and the United States of America.
What if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information we need, some or all of the following may occur:
- we may not be able to provide you with our services;
- we may not be able to consider your application to join us as an employee or contractor; and
- we may not be able to respond to your requests for information.
Visitors to our website
To help improve the service we provide through our website, certain information is collected from your browser.
How do we protect your personal information?
We take all reasonable steps to keep personal information protected from loss, interference, misuse or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps may include access controls, encryption and secure premises. We store personal information in both physical and electronic form, sometimes with the assistance of third parties such as data hosting providers.
Direct marketing communications
From time to time we may send you direct marketing communications regarding our products and services.
We may contact you by electronic messages (e.g. email), online (e.g. through our website), by mail, and by other means, unless you opt out or we are subject to legal restrictions. You may opt-out of marketing communications, by contacting us using the contact details below.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
The accuracy of the personal information we hold and use is important to us. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we handle is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To help us keep your personal information accurate, please let us know if there are any errors or changes in your personal information.
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer via the contact details at the bottom of this policy. You may also request the correction of any of the personal information we hold about you. In most cases, we can help you promptly and informally with these requests. In other cases, we may need to verify your identity and ask you to make your request in writing.
From time to time, we may need to reject your request to access or correct the personal information we hold about you, if we believe it to be necessary and to the extent allowed by law. We will provide our reasons if we deny your request for access to, or correction of, your personal information. Where we decide not to make a requested correction to your personal information and you disagree, you may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the information we hold about you. We won’t charge you for simply making a request to access or correct personal information. However, we may charge reasonable costs for carrying out your request.
How can you make a privacy complaint?
How to contact us
Unearth Technologies Pty Ltd
GPO Box 681
Sydney NSW 2001
|Phone:||+61 2 81887590|
Last updated: March 2021